If you like something to satisfy your sweet tooth, but at the same time you like that something to be healthy, nutritious and not to raise your insulin levels through the roof, look no further. Made with whey protein and peanut butter, yet high in fiber and delicious, these cookies are chewy and and taste just like the traditional peanut butter cookies.
They’re sweet enough for satisfy your cravings but healthy enough to qualify as an acceptable post-workout snack. In addition to the peanut butter and eggs, the majority of the protein in these cookies comes from the use of whey protein. (Be sure to check these protein peanut butter bars too).
• 3 tablespoons of peanut butter
• 2 eggs
• 3 tablespoons of no calories sugar (stevia or similar)
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 cups of quick oats
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1-2 scoops of Whey protein powder (this whey protein concentrate blends in perfectly)
Hot to prepare the peanut-butter cookies:
The best thing about these high protein cookies is that they can be literally made in 15-20 minutes. Here is the preparation process:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl mix the eggs, sugar, peanut butter and vanilla extract together. Add the protein powder, the oats, salt and the baking soda to the mix and stir to get thick, malleable, elastic paste.
3. Drop spoonfuls dough onto cookie sheets approximately 6-8 per cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes until tops begin to get golden color.
Enjoy the healthy snack !
Check our other healthy recipes here.
For training and nutrition updates check our social channels on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest